In life.

Hello there.

Hi, everyone. Coming to you from Chapel Hill, North Carolina, this is Annie and Parker trying out this blog life. I (Annie) have avoided things like this because I've spent a lot of time overwhelmed with the insecurity of being too cliche. I am constantly conflicted with hearing whispers of social media being a detriment to society, and I therefore subconsciously police myself and my social media presence. Am I posting too much? Am I not living in the present? Am I obsessed with maintaining an image that is some falsification of what my life is truly like? 

In growing into [young] adulthood, I've learned at least a handful of things:
  1. If you don't like beer, that's ok. You don't have to pretend to like beer because everyone else does. In fact, you can have just as much fun at a brewery (which are super hip right now) as everyone else without liking beer. 
  2. Comfort before everything when it comes to clothes.
  3. Meal planning is worth it.
  4. You actually will be happier if you stop giving a f@$%.


I personally am not sensitive to vulgarity, but I know people out there are (and that's totally cool). But that last point really hasn't set in with me as much as I would like it to. Sure, I see plenty of people on social media confess the torment of "maintaining a presence" and "branding" themselves. I have no desire to get involved in any of that. What I do want to do, is try to learn to better express myself, maybe give someone out there a little tiny piece of insight, and keep a virtual documentation of things that are important to me for my future children (or even just my future self).
Relocating to North Carolina has been arguably the biggest life change that Parker and I have ever experienced, so what better time than now? And, to really lean into my #4 as listed above, if you want to judge me for making a blog - do it. I need to learn to be myself and not care. That said - welcome. Hopefully we can document some of this exciting time of our lives and share it with people.
-A

Photo by Lang Thomas Photography




This is our life.

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.