In life.

Keeping up with old friends.


Hi, everyone! It's August (I can't believe that time is flying so fast), and I'm finally beginning to feel adjusted to this new North Carolina life. We have some friends we regularly hang out with and are actually able to make at least one or two restaurant recommendations to others - but let's be honest we really just keep going back to Nanataco. With just a few more days off before I start the actually difficult stuff in residency (yes I know you're probably wondering if I am actually doing anything because all I've done is post pictures of vacation), I thought it would be a good time for some reflection blogging.
Real life pic of me actively writing this blog post.
I enjoy seeing authentic photos of bloggers, so
here's me.

Something that's been on my mind lately is friendship. Lots of people ask how we're doing out here, and while I'm sure they're curious if I like my job, if Parker is excited about his new job, etc., I think part of the question "how's NC?" is angled in the direction of friendship. Here's my go-to answer: We are starting to make new friends, and everyone is super nice. But there is always a sort of loneliness when everyone around you is a new friend. This is definitely not a knock on all our wonderful new friends, merely a shoutout to the ones who've stuck with us all this time.

Which brings me to the meat of this post - how to keep up with old friends.

I am really bad at keeping in touch. Period. I admittedly just don't consider that I should regularly call many people that I don't see much. I'm not even the person that frequently calls my own family. I apologize to any friend out there who feels hurt by my lack of contact, but I unfortunately am just not that good. That being said - I am really good at texting back haha.

We are living in an age with the beautiful technology of texting and social media. I recently stumbled upon some seriously old (and arguably embarrassing) photos of some of my oldest friends, which I have included for your entertainment as well. I'm talking 20 year friendship anniversaries. I haven't seen most of these people in years. It is so amazing that I can reach out to these friends now and easily feel in touch with them. Even better, I know these are the truest of friendships when I can reach out to them after long stretches of not speaking and still feel that same warmth and welcome from them.
Yes, I am the baby picture on the left. Yes, my hair was completely untamable.

I wish I could say it was Corinne's birthday in this picture, but I'm pretty sure she just thought she was (is) as princess. 


So sad I missed out on this reunion picture at our wedding. Still worth posting as a comment on everyone growing up so much.


So to all the friends who've stuck it out, thank you so much. I really love reminiscing about old times and looking back on pictures of past adventures (this is largely part of why I like taking pictures so much). To anyone who's drifted away, reach out. I'm always happy and excited to hear from old friends and hear how you're doing in your thriving life.







Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.